Industry Best Eyelash Extensions in Adelaide at Great Prices
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions is the art of applying a single or 2-6 extensions to one of your natural lashes to lengthen and add volume. Unlike the stick on falsies that last one night, eyelash extensions are semi-permanent and last weeks or permanently if refilled on a regular basis. The method is completely pain free and takes between 1.5-3 hours to apply.
Who can wear eyelash extensions?
Anyone can have eyelash extensions as long as your natural lashes are healthy enough to support the extensions.
How to get the best eyelash extensions for you
For lash longevity, it is important to pick a certain lash, curl, length and shape for you. Everyone's eye shape and eyelashes are different so it's not a one size fits all. I will assess your natural lashes and discuss your desired look and what we can achieve before the treatment.
Will eyelash extensions damage my natural lashes?
It’s a common misconception that eyelash extensions can damage or compromise the health of natural lashes. Clients opting for eyelash extension in Adelaide often get used to the length and fullness of having the extensions and when removed they forget what their natural lashes actually looked like before having the extensions. If applied correctly , aftercare is followed and extensions not pulled out then eyelash extensions do not damage your natural lashes.
What is the difference between mink, silk or acrylic lashes?
100% mink lashes come from real animal fur so the length, curl and thickness cannot be controlled. 100% mink lashes are suitable for those who want very soft and natural looking extensions .Whereas silk or acrylic lashes are synthetic (man-made) so come in a variety of lengths, curls and thicknesses. These types of lashes are much more uniform and are better to work with to create different looks and styles.
Can I wear mascara with my eyelash extensions?
While you can wear mascara with your false lashes, it can shorten the life of extensions dramatically and it's not recommended. Mascara should not be used with Russian Volume lashes since it can close up the fans and cause them to lump together. Waterproof mascara is a virtual disaster since it requires an oil based remover to clean which breaks down the eyelash extension glue.
How long do eyelash extensions last?
How long they last is dependent on your lifestyle, aftercare, medication, skin type etc. Most clients will get a minimum 2 -3 weeks before needing a refill. Refills are required because by the 2-3 week mark, almost half of the extensions would have fallen off due to the shedding of your natural lashes and the remaining extensions may have over grown and need replacing. By having refills, you will maintain a constant full and luscious set of lashes.
How do I look after my eyelash extensions?
- Keep your eyelash extensions completely dry for the first 24 hours and avoid contact with steam.
- Avoid swimming, spas, tanning and excessive steam for the first 48 hours.
- Facial cleansers and make up remover must be oil free. The oils will break down the glue and your extensions will fall off sooner.
- Do not apply oily/lanolin based moisturiser on or around the eyelashes.
- Use eyeliner that is not oil based.
- Do not use eyelash curlers
- Brush your eyelashes gently with a mascara wand after shower to keep them well groomed.
- When washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner, tilt your head right back so as to not let it run over your eyelash extensions.
- While showering, avoid running water over your eyelash extensions.
- Treat your eyelashes gently - no rubbing, picking or pulling at them.
- Avoid sleeping on your lashes
- If you have very oily hair more often than not your eyelashes will be oily too. Keep blotting paper close by and blot around your eyes throughout the day.
What I need to do before getting eyelash extensions
- Do not wear mascara at least 48 hours before your appointment
- Remove all eye makeup and wash your eyelashes before your appointment
- Remove contact lenses and wear glasses to your appointment